Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Week 30: A Christmas Miracle

PJ Weight: 157.8
Week Loss: -0.4
Cumulative Loss: -33.8

Seth Weight: 170.6
Week Loss: -0.4
Cumulative Loss: -28.5

Maybe there's something to that whole Christmas miracle thing after all.  Somehow amidst the holiday donuts, dinners, lunches, and the other assorted holiday gluttony, Seth & I managed to lose about half a pound apiece.

I have no idea how this happened, so I'm chalking it up to a Christmas present to us from the scale.  I was so totally mentally prepared for a gain this week that I really don't know what to say about it other than "Yay".  So...yay!... moving on.

We tried the Phase 2 cardio workout from Power 90 on Monday.  It went so well that we were back to Phase 1 yesterday and today.  Really, it wasn't any different than Phase 1.  All the moves are the same, it's just sped up and you do three rounds of the exercises instead of two.  Since we don't have the time to devote almost a full hour to cardio in the morning, we're going to stick with Phase 1 and just work harder at it.

I figure we'll try the Phase 2 weights workout tomorrow and see how it goes - the weights workouts are generally shorter.  Hopefully we have enough time before the tiny one wakes up and demands our attention.  She seems to have a sixth sense for when we're exercising, and wakes up halfway through the workout, which makes the last 10 minutes or so somewhat rushed and stressful.

My thoughts on Power 90 is that it lacks variety in a big way.  I was hoping Phase 2 would be at least some different stuff to do, but no, same exact workout - just longer.  So we're now about 45 days in, and I've gotta say it's kind of boring.

We're sticking with it, but ... yawn.

So that's it for this year, I'll check back in with y'all in January.  Happy new year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment