Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Week 7


Week 7:  July 20, 2011
Weight:              174.6
Week Loss:           2.2
Cumulative Loss:  17.0

This past weekend was a big challenge for Seth & me as far as staying on track with the diet was concerned.  On Thursday, I went to NYC to a book signing for the day (see previous post regarding George RR Martin - read his books) where I waited for about 8 hours in order to have a good seat for the signing.  Seth was at home watching the girls, so his diet routine was uninterrupted.  Rather than be tempted by whatever happened to be in the Barnes & Noble cafe, I packed several sandwiches and fiber snack bars, so that I had enough food to make it through the day.

Gold star for me!

On Friday we traveled to Maryland for a wedding reception for cousins Jessi and Joey.  It was wonderful, but road trips are often accompanied by quick stops for fast food, and weddings are notorious excuses to over-eat.

Our lunch-stops on the way down and back were at Wendy's, where we each had a baked potato and a small chili.  There was much muttering about spicy chicken sandwiches and fries and chicken nuggets, but what we ate was baked potatoes and chili.  So gold stars for both of us.

We managed to be good at the various meals by eating relatively tiny portions of the foods served.  We didn't have a lot of choices regarding what to eat since the menus were all pre-determined but the small portions allowed us to stay on track.  I do wish I could have had about a pound more of the lasagna from the wedding party, though.  Yum. 

In any case, we posted a loss this week, so we did well.  I had anticipated we'd gain weight this week, so I'm glad to be proven wrong.

And Maryland cousins - it was great to see you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment