Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Week 8: I am not a bouncy castle!


Week 8:  July 27, 2011
Weight:              173.0
Week Loss:           1.6
Cumulative Loss:  18.6

While I didn't post it in last week's blog, Team Mintz hit a milestone: 30 pounds between the two of us.  This week we're at around 33.

That said, I know I still have a long road in front of me.

I know this because this past weekend, my daughter confused my abdomen with a bouncy castle.

Ouch.

I was resting on my back on the floor, and Jade clambered atop me, then proceeded to jump with her full weight and slammed her little rump into my midsection.  I made a noise that by odd coincidence is precisely the sound made by a vomiting llama.


Dear Jade.  I love you.  I respect your toddler-ness. I know my belly's squishy, and I know you love to jump.  However:
I AM NOT A BOUNCY CASTLE.

The blame falls partly on my well-padded midsection, and partly on the poor parenting decision Seth & I made two weeks ago when we introduced our toddler to the joys of bouncy castles.  Oops.

In any case, it's a reminder of how far I've got to go.


The good news is that I'm fitting into some of my size 14's, and Seth's down to the tightest notch on his belt.


Huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment