Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Week 16

Weight        164.4
Week loss         0.4
Cumulative loss      27.2

I was honestly expecting a gain this week, and I'm awfully surprised I didn't see one.  I was up a pound and change just the other day.

This week was definitely the hardest yet for me, and it wasn't because of anything in particular.  My friend Nicole had a baby shower with some awesome food, but I didn't go hog wild there - I just ate a little more than I should have.  I made a bigger breakfast that morning than I should have with pancakes and turkey bacon.  And we decided to go out for dinner on Friday.  And Sunday.  And I had a little pasta with dinner on Friday and a slice of bread... and ordered the fried veal in lemon/butter/white wine sauce.  And we had fast-food-ish personal pizzas at the Bronx Zoo for lunch on Sunday.  And dinner on Sunday was Applebees (but I didn't have fries!).  And lunch on Tuesday was chicken tikka masala... mmm.

The point is that any one of these things, or even any two or three of these things wouldn't have necessarily made for a bad week.  It's just that I did them all together - which DOES make for a bad week, or at least a less-than-stellar week.

The frustrating thing is that I was trying to be reasonably good, but at the same time I'm more than a little sick of constantly watching what I eat.  So while I didn't have dessert at the baby shower, I did have seconds of lunch. While I kept myself to 2 small slices of awesome bread at the italian restaurant, I ate the pasta side dish.  While I didn't have fries at Applebees, I did have a roll-up sandwich that had cheese on it, and for that matter, so did my chili.

I suppose I'll chalk this up to just having a bad week and put it behind me, and hopefully I'll be more motivated this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment