Thursday, November 10, 2011

Week 23

PJ Weight:  160.0
Week Gain:   +0.4
Cumulative Loss:  -31.6

Seth Weight: 173.8
Week Loss:  0.0
Cumulative Loss: -25.3

Plateau is one of the ugliest words in the English language.

If you look at my losses for the last several months (in 4-week chunks), you can really see a trend:

July/August: -6.4
Aug/Sept:   -3.4
Sept/Oct:   -3.6
Oct/Nov:   -1.2

All this tells me is that I've now gotten down to the point where my body fights me to keep every ounce.  I suppose it's good that we start exercising on Monday, though I'm really not looking forward to it.

There was a period a number of years ago when I exercised religiously for perhaps a span of 2 years.  It felt good to be fit and healthy, but I never developed any liking for exercise.  It's a sweaty, uncomfortable, unpleasant business, and I don't enjoy it.  I doubt I ever will.  But I'll do it for these three coming months.

So this is my plan:  Power90 is a 90 day program, and our workout challenge is a 90-day commitment.  With the exception of the Thanksgiving holiday (when we'll be traveling Weds - Sunday), we'll try hard to stick to the 6-day-a-week routine.

If the baby wakes in the middle of the night and keeps us up, or we catch a nasty cold, or have some other compelling reason not to wake up at a ghastly AM hour and exercise, then we won't do it.  And that's that.  I'm committing to TRY this, and do as many days as possible.  One day at a time.  I don't plan on guilting myself for missed days.

Tune in next week for the first exciting episode of THE SORE AND THE HELPLESS, when it'll hurt to walk, and washing my hair will be rather more than my shoulder muscles can stand.  At least, that's the prediction.  (I'll try to ease into this so the prediction doesn't come to pass...)

No comments:

Post a Comment