Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Week 34

PJ Weight:  156.2
Week Loss:  -2.4
Cumulative Loss:  -35.4

Seth Weight:  171.0
Week Loss: +1.2
Cumulative Loss:  -28.1

As of right now, we have 14 workouts and 2 rest days left before completing the 90 day cycle of the Power 90 program.  I could blog this week about how we've become so accustomed to getting up early every day to exercise that our day doesn't feel quite complete without it.  Or, I could blog about all the new routines we're eager to try once our remaining 2.5 weeks are done.

I would, of course, be lying like a starving used car salesman if I were to blog those things.

I'm pretty wiped out at this point.  I've never enjoyed exercise, and that hasn't changed.  I don't mind the Power 90 Phase 1 weight routine, since it's not that long.  The Fat Burning DVD that came as a bonus I similarly don't mind.  It has enough variety and isn't too in-your-face.  I wouldn't go so far as to say I enjoy either of them.  In theory, I like the idea of getting into better shape, but I'm tired.  We're taking at least a week off of exercise after we finish the 90 day program.  Then we'll see what we try.

My coworker (whose workout video collection rivals the library of congress for number of volumes, I swear) lent us the P90x dvd's and booklet to try, since we kind-of-liked Power 90.  After reading the accompanying booklet I'm ... profoundly skeptical.  The booklet has detailed descriptions of the moves contained in each DVD for the whole program.  I have a feeling some of the DVDs, if not most of them, will go back to her untried.

P90X just seems like too much.  All of the workouts are just TOO LONG.  Maybe someone with more free time wouldn't mind dedicating an hour and a half to a yoga workout, but seriously, I don't have that kind of time.  And I am not (REPEAT FOR THE SLOW KIDS: NOT!) going to be getting up at 5am to do an hour and a half workout before work.  This will not happen.  Not ever.

So we'll see whether we try any of the workouts from P90X.  But that's in another couple weeks.

For now I'll just celebrate my loss for the week.  And I'll celebrate going to the doctor for a physical and being applauded for losing weight since last she saw me.  Yay!  And I'll celebrate for Seth too, since he went to the doctor and didn't get yelled at (much).  So Yay for both of us.

And that concludes another week.  Can I have a pie now?

No comments:

Post a Comment