Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Week 43

PJ Weight:  157.4
Week Gain:  +0.6
Cumulative Loss:  -34.2

Seth Weight:
Week Gain: +0.2
Cumulative Loss: -24.5

9 weekly weigh-ins and blogs remain in my one-year diet experiment.

I haven't lost a pound in a couple months now, and really, I'm OK with that.

Would I *like* to lose a few more pounds?  Yeah, sure I would, if I could wish away the pounds rather than work them off.  But truth be told, I'm pretty much content at this weight.  I'm not skinny, but I'm not fat anymore.  I've got a little padding remaining, and I'm pretty much OK with that, too.

Losing more weight would mean I'd have to MAINTAIN the lower weight.  Which means either more exercise or less food - forever.  And I know from experience that maintaining a lower weight than this becomes *extremely* difficult and demanding for me.

I just don't want my weight to be that high-maintenance.

That's probably why my efforts over the last few months have slacked - I'm just not as motivated to lose weight, because I'm feeling good about my weight and content with my body.

So I'll do what I've been doing, and keep trying, but at this point I fear that my heart's just not going to be in it.  It's been several months since I've really felt 'fat', which is the biggest motivator for me.

I have to say, though, feeling content and comfortable is pretty nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment