Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Week 2


Week 2: June 15, 2011
Weight:              184.5
Week Loss:           2.0
Cumulative Loss:    7.1


Wheee!!

While I remain fully cognizant that the first weeks' losses are flukes and the multiple-pounds-per-week trend won't continue, I'm still psyched about the progress so far.  Nothing is a better motivator than seeing results.  (The inverse of this, of course, is nothing is more DE-motivational than *not* seeing results.)  Team Mintz has lost about 15 pounds so far, when you add Seth's & my losses together.  That's a whole Raven-baby and then some, given that she's around 12 pounds now.

This week's big decision is that we aren't going to stay on Jenny Craig.  It's just too expensive, too mediocre and in the end it's just not worth it if we can do it on our own.  We'll use the shipment of Jenny food we received this past week during Seth's work week (Mondays - Wednesdays during the next few weeks) and we'll track Weight Watchers points the rest of the time.  The trick with this plan is that now I have to plan out some menus and shopping lists and all of that fun stuff in order to make the Weight Watchers thing happen.  


Ah, time, why is there so little of you?!?

Even so, that's our strategy for right now.  What I'd really like to do is get back to Weight Watchers meetings, so I can get all the new material and have the additional support of a weekly meeting.  For those of you who've never done Weight Watchers: the meetings sound corny and hokey - and maybe they are - but they really do help.  Unfortunately, with the kids it's really difficult to get out to meetings, especially if Seth is doing the program with me.  So for now it will be the old points system and no meetings.

The 'Jenny Craig At Home' program has a counselor that calls me every week, but the woman has all the warmth, sincerity and passion of a flounder.  Motivational? Not so much.  It's like listening to Ben Stein reading technical accounting pronouncements from a teleprompter.  Zzzzzz.  This week she even got the time wrong, so I couldn't even spend the allotted 15 minutes on the phone since I was busy putting Jade to bed.  And evidently there's no calling back if they happen to - I don't know - screw up and call you at the wrong time.  Bah.

Next week I'll share a little more about our menus and the WW points system, since I don't have any to share at the moment, and by then I'll HAVE to have something.  We only have enough leftovers from this weekend's meals in the fridge for Thursday and Friday, so I'd better have a plan in place before that food runs out!  We'll see how that goes.


Wish me luck and steely resolve!!

1 comment:

  1. So long as you and Seth can stay positive together you'll be fine. If you're looking for support when it's convenient for you I suggest the Nerd Fitness forums. They've helped me immensely and are all about fitness, diet and life change. While the site and most of the people on it are pro paleo diet they're open and warm to everyone.

    ReplyDelete