Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Week 4

Week 4: June 29, 2011
Weight:              180.6
Week Loss:           1.2
Cumulative Loss:  11.0

This week's milestone:

Real Pants!

For those readers with wise posteriors - no, I have not been wearing imaginary or invisible pants.  I simply mean that I wore my pre-pregnancy non-maternity jeans for the first time this past weekend.  And I have to say, wearing something other than maternity pants after so long is a very strange feeling.  I now only feel normal if I have a stretchy elastic waistband that comes up to my chest.  It's amazing what you can get used to.

But yes, I'm fitting back into my 'real people' clothes again.  Mind you, my 'real people' jeans are a size 16 so I have a long way to go until I fit into my 12's, but at least I fit into something besides maternity pants.  It's a start.  It feels good to see some measurable progress after a month of dieting aside from numbers on a scale.

Another start: I woke up early this morning and took the dogs for a walk. (I'm writing this Tuesday evening). I am now utterly wiped from getting up an extra half hour early.  While the pups enjoyed the walk, I don't think this will be an every day thing.  But it's some kind of activity at least.  We'll see how often I'm inspired to do it.

Seth's doing really well, too.  He was commenting that his jeans are feeling loose.   Even more exciting than loose clothing, he suggested a meal of chicken taco salad with beans for a dinner next week.  Beans!!  He's hated beans his entire life!!  I'M SO SUPREMELY PROUD OF HIM!!

But to sum up our first month of dieting: Even with a sizable loss this month I feel like we're just getting started.  I suppose that's what I should be feeling, though, since we still have 11 months of dieting and blogging to go.

That, and we're still hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment