Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Week 11: Stats & a rant

Weight                       168.2
Week Loss                 1.0
Cumulative Loss     23.4

This week was Jade's 2nd birthday, which I really can't believe.  We went to IHOP for a birthday brunch which everyone thoroughly enjoyed.  It was not a diet-friendly meal.  Note my lack of caring.  It's IHOP.

Seth came down to my office toward last week with the girls to take me to lunch.  We were at our favorite pizzeria (I only had a slice and a half, so I'd stay on track) and we had a good time.

--begin rant--

As we were packing up to leave a woman said to me "Wow, you've got your hands full!  You had them so close together!  And you're doing it again?!"

I said: "No... ... I'm not doing it again."

I did not *facepalm*

I did not say:  "Thanks, lady.  Really.  Not pregnant.  Thanks.  Appreciate it.  No really."

Nor did I say: "I'M HOLDING A TINY BABY.  YOU THINK MAYBE SOME OF THE EXTRA TUMMY YOU SEE ON ME MIGHT BE SOMEHOW RELATED TO THAT?  JUST MAYBE?"

Nor did I take any action that would result in the involvement of uniformed individuals and the use of words like "felony assault charges".

I do kind of wish I'd done some of those things.

The story above serves to illustrate two points:
1.)  I still have a long way to go.
2.)  People are idiots.

It also is a fabulous example of why you should never, ever, assume a lady is pregnant unless she's in labor, and even then, hey you really don't know, it could just be some bad heartburn.

BEST NOT TO MENTION IT.

--end rant--

No comments:

Post a Comment