Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Week 13 - A new scale and some steak

Weight:                       167.8
Week Gain:               +1.8
Cumulative Loss:    23.8

RE: This Week's Gain

This week we got a new scale.

Our old one was starting to give us some very wacky numbers, and now the new one registers between 1.5 and 2.5 heavier than the old.  I believe the new one is more accurate, though, and it returns the same result every time.  Not so with the old one.  The old one told me last night that two 20-lb weights were 41 lbs and 38 lbs within a space 10 minutes.  I believe the poor thing has slipped into its dotage.

There's no way to know for sure whether or not I truly gained weight this week, since all of the weigh-ins I've done so far were on the old broken scale.  I'll just call it a penalty for using a rigged scale for the past however-long, and move on.

It's still damned depressing to see a higher number.  Oh well.  On the bright side, the number on the new scale is still well below the number I started at, and from now on I can have a little more confidence in the numbers I see when I weigh in.  And hey, I'll get to celebrate the 25 pound mark again...  Wheee?

RE: Next Week's Gain

I don't expect this coming week will see a loss.  Seth & I are going out on Friday night to celebrate our 6th anniversary, and we are having a night of ANTI-DIET.

We'll be going to Ruth's Chris steakhouse before seeing The Book of Mormon in the city (first row balcony - center), and I plan on having a nice sized steak (they broil them in butter!), some fried potato product of some kind, possibly a few dessert-ish drinks and certainly the creme brulee for dessert.  I'm tempted to skip the steak and potatoes and just order 5 creme brulees.  Their creme brulee is quite possibly my favorite food of all time.

Even if I'm very good with the diet all of this coming week, this one meal is probably equivalent to several days worth of calories.  I don't imagine I'll be losing anything this week.  I'm willing to accept that in order to have a nice anniversary outing.

That's all 'til next time, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment