Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Week 36

PJ Weight: 157.4
Week Gain: +0.6
Cumulative Loss: -34.2

Seth Weight:  173.6
Week Gain: +3.6
Cumulative Loss: -25.5

Well this was a sad weigh in for Team Mintz.  Seth was up a pound over last week as of yesterday morning.  This morning the scale decided to be a hateful little appliance, hitting him with a three and a half pound gain.  I'm convinced that it's water, since he ate a bunch of very spicy Indian food the night before. While I have no idea if that makes you retain water, nobody really gains 2.6 pounds in a day.  So, hopefully a lot of that comes off for next week's weigh in.

Seth gets extra credit for doing a great job with this morning's workout, though.  His channeled all his anger at the spiteful scale into working extra hard.  *Applause*

For my part, I ate his leftover Indian food for dinner this evening. :-/  (It was only 3 small lamb chunks and 2 small potato chunks, and about a half cup of rice, so it wasn't TOO diet-hostile.)

I was good for lunch though!  I had a lunch outing with some ladies who used to work with me, and they inspired me to eat healthy instead of going for the Chicken Francese that was calling my name.  I instead had a surprisingly delicious salad with various fruits and some truly fabulous walnuts, and a bowl of escarole & bean soup.  So thanks Reva and BJ (and Maria, though I know she won't read this) for helping to keep me on track!

As for my resolutions from last week: I stuck to them.  I ate less donuts, and less cheerios.  (YAY)  I also made a tray of cupcakes and had a few more than I should have.  (YAY... I mean... BOO)  And there might have been some Chinese takeout with eggrolls and General Tso's Chicken and fried rice.

There also might not have been.  You don't know!  Must you always assume the worst?

*guilty look*

*cough*

Moving on.

So the cupcakes and the alleged Chinese food conspired against me to bring me up another half a pound this week.  I'm irritated about it, but not as much as I was last week.  I feel more in control now than I did, despite the weigh-in number.  For that reason, I'm calling this week an improvement over last week and running with it (or 'walking quickly with it', given my whole no-running philosophy).

Coming up this week: the end of our Power 90 workout routine (Friday - last day!) and the beginning of a week with no exercise.

It's amazing the pure pleasure even typing the words inspires in me.  'A week with no exercise'

Ahhhhh.  One more time.

..a... week... with... NO... exercise...

Wow.  I feel like I just spent an hour on a Caribbean beach with a good book and tropical smoothie.  FROM TYPING THE WORDS.

In case you couldn't tell, I'm rather looking forward to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment