Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Week 38

PJ Weight: 156.4
Week Gain: +0.2
Cumulative Loss: -35.2

Seth Weight: 174.4
Week Gain: +2.8
Cumulative Loss: 24.7

The plateau continues.

Seth noted to me in desolate tones after this morning's weigh in  "I hate how hard it is to lose anything, and how easily it comes back!"

I couldn't agree more.

We remain frustrated.  We haven't started our new Monday-Wednesday-Friday exercise routine yet, but we've decided to just start next Monday.  I'd have a hard time trying to do anything requiring floor work or weights anyway, since I injured my wrist/thumb lifting babies.  I've been wearing a wrist brace for the past week and a half, so anything that puts stress on that area is out.

I do remember from the last time I lost weight that my body seems to consider 155 its ideal weight.  I get close to this weight, and I fight for every ounce.  To get below that threshhold, I practically need to starve myself and exercise constantly, and honestly, I'm not sure I'm really willing to do that.

That's not to say I'm giving up.  I'm not.  I just accept that it's going to be a struggle to lose anything from here, which I sort of knew already.

On the bright side, Seth's lost around 25 pounds.  I've lost around 35.  We're both in vastly better shape than we were at the start of the diet, so even if we don't lose another ounce for the next three months and change we've been successful.

As a career pessimist it's against my nature to look at bright sides (the glass is half full and what's left is probably poisoned, anyway), so I'd like to take this opportunity to invite you to applaud my positive attitude.

Until next week, then, I'll be basking in your presumed adulation.
That, and trying to lose that damned pound a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment